On Sunday August 13th we will be hosting our Third 'It's A Knockout' Challenge at Falinge Park in Rochdale which gives local community groups, charities, teams and companies the chance to compete against each other on a massive inflatable obstacle course.[more]
Wednesday 5th October 2016 at 12.00am to Wednesday 4th October 2017
Thinking about setting up a Social / Community Enterprise?
Vintage Worx offers workshops, advice and guidance tailor-made to your group.
Whether you are just at the idea stage or ready to get going we can help guide and support you from conception to when you're ready to stand on your own two feet.
We have a wealth of experience that can help you avoid the pitfalls and create a solid foundation from which to grow.
We can also help with your constitution, funding applications and company registration
Call in to Chronicles cafe in Falinge Park any Wednesday between 12:30pm and 3pm for an informal chat or email vintageworxoffice@gmail com to make an appointment at a time that suits you
Meet Vintage Worx Community Development Trust
Thank you for visiting the Vintage Worx website:
Vintage Worx Community Development Trust (CDT) is a community led not for profit organisation dedicated to removing barriers to opportunities and committed to helping people maximise their talents and realise their full potential.
Based within Falinge Park, the local park of one of the most deprived areas of the country, the team of passionate volunteers who run Vintage worx have a nine year track record of successful engagement with the local community, a record that has only been possible through the sheer volume of community involvement in the projects, activities and events that are delivered.
Throughout the pages of this site you will gain an insight into the organisation and the people involved, find out about events, activities and services, learn about the history of our beloved park and be part of the journey we are about to embark on to make Falinge Park a true community park delivering wider social benefits to the area including taking part in community surveys and how to get involved.
We hope you enjoy the site and revisit often.
Vintage Experience: Our Specialist Areas
- Engagement of hard to reach groups
- Personal development workshops
- Functional skills training
- Employability skills training
- Employment support
- Social Enterprise support
- Community group support
- Community cohesion
- Social activities
- Community events
Vintage Vision: Our Strategic Objectives:
- Increased numbers of disadvantaged and/or disengaged people are accessing services and training to give themselves a better chances in life
- Local people are feeling less isolated and reporting improved quality of life
- Local people are feeling a sense of pride and ownership of their park and neighbourhood
- Local people are more actively involved in their community and in making decisions that affects the future of their community
- Increased numbers of community members are helping themselves and each other to improve their quality of life
- Local people are reporting improved cultural and generational cohesion
- Increased numbers of local people are gaining qualifications and moving closer to work
- Local people are supporting local enterprises and local enterprises are supporting local projects
- Local people are reporting improved health and social wellbeing
Vintage Goals: Our Social Outcomes
- Increase local facilities, resources and leisure areas
- Increase engagement of hardest to reach groups
- Increase skill levels
- Decrease unemployment
- Promote third sector enterprise
- Advance asset based community development
- Support and promote community empowerment
- Increase opportunities for community involvement in the park and surrounding neighbourhood
- Reduce isolation
- Improve cultural and generational understanding, tolerance and respect
- Improve health and social wellbeing
- Ensure vintage Worx is a high performing and community driven organisation
Through the pages of this site you can learn about the fantastic community spirit of the Falinge neighbourhood as well as the fascinating history of the beautiful park we are fortunate to be located in.
The site is full of information on the services and activities we offer, news from the neighbourhood and all the information you need should you wish to attend our community events, volunteer your time or donate money or resources to the project.
Vintage always values the input from our community, the general public and anyone who feels they can contribute ideas or suggestions to help the project. This year we are especially focussed on community consultations and creative ways to develop plans for the park and neighbourhood. If you would like to add your suggestions please contact us.